Your preschooler will love our fun and engaging preschool class. We have amazing teachers who have a heart for this age group and years of experience teaching preschoolers. Preschool class meets during our Sunday service @ 9:00am.
We have written an original curriculum for your preschooler with two primary ends in mind: as early as we can, we want your child to know who God is, and who he/she is in relation to God. So every lesson will point back to discovering God, or discovering themselves in the context of being His son or daughter.
We teach utilizing the concept of the “Big Idea." What this means is that every lesson has one central thought or statement for your child to grasp hold of. We teach the “Big Idea” using scripture, story time, crafts, songs, games and activities that all draw your child’s mind back to that one “Big Idea."
Here are some things that will help you and your preschooler have a great experience at EMC:
- Our preschool class is located in Room 105.
- Please make sure your preschooler uses the restroom prior to service.
- Due to severe allergies with some of our little ones, we do not provide snacks or a snack time during service. Please make sure your little one has a snack prior to coming to Sunday School.
- Please label all items you leave with your preschooler. Due to the structured nature of this class, please do not send your child with their own toys.
- Promotion from Preschool to our Kinder/1st Grade class follows the school calendar. We will notify parents of the specific promotion Sunday each year.