STATEMENT OF FAITH
EMC is made up from people from many diverse backgrounds and church experiences. We strive to keep our eyes on Christ and focus on what binds us together. The words of St. Augustine of Hippo give us wisdom to live by when he said: "In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity (love).
- We believe in one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Bible, both Old and New Testaments to be the inspired and infallible Word of God.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit which is to glorify and reveal Jesus Christ to people; to convict of sin, regenerate, fill, teach, give gifts for building up the body, and empower to live the life of Christ in this present world.
- We believe that man is separated from God by sin and can only be united with God by turning in faith to Jesus Christ as God and Savior. The death of Jesus Christ on the cross provided eternal forgiveness for sin and His resurrection provided eternal life for all who believe.
- We believe that immersion in water (Baptism) and the taking of the bread and the cup (Communion) are outward observances given to the church by Jesus sealing inward commitments made by faith.
- We believe that the Church is composed of all people who, through faith in Jesus Christ, have been born again (spiritual birth). They are the Body and Bride of Christ.